Here’s a quick and easy way to access some important information for parent/carers and students. If there’s anything else you need to know then please contact us
ACADEMY DAYNew times from September 2016-17:
- Pre 8:45am: Students Arrive
- 8:45am - 9:45am: Period 1
- 9:45am - 10:45am: Period 2
- 10:45am - 11:05am: Break
- 11:05am - 12:05pm: Period 3
- 12:05pm - 1:05pm: Period 4
- 1:05pm - 1:50pm: Lunch
- 1:50pm - 2:50pm: Period 5
- 2:50pm - 3:10pm: Tutor Time / Assemblies / Intervention Lessons
- 3:10pm: Students Depart
FREE SCHOOL MEALS APPLICATION FORM
MOBILE DEVICE CODE OF USEThe Academy wishes to continue to allow students to bring the above items to the Academy. However, the misuse of these items has caused problems. The Code for the use of the above equipment is as follows:
- Use should be confined to before and after the Academy day, morning break and lunchtime.
- The mobile phone should be switched off during registration and lessons unless a student has the permission of the member of staff to use the device, eg, to take a photograph of a coursework design, etc.
- There should be no use of mobile phones between lessons. The mobile phone should not be used during the Academy day for the taking and transmitting of photographs/videos for non curricular purposes.
- There should, at all times, be compliance with examination board expectations.
- The Academy will not take responsibility for the security of mobile phones, even when confiscated.
- A similar approach is taken to the possession of iPods/MP3 players.
- The use of mobile phones or other electronic devices for cyber bullying will always lead to the consideration of a Fixed Period Exclusion.
- Breaches of the above restrictions will result in confiscation of the mobile phone until parents/carers arrange for its collection, and the imposition of a disciplinary sanction. Any subsequent misuse will result in a student being banned from bringing such devices into the Academy.
NURSEIn addition to a medical room which is manned throughout the Academy day, we have a school nurse who visits the Academy every Thursday lunchtime and runs a drop-in session for students wishing to discuss absolutely anything with her.
PARENT EVENING BOOKING SYSTEMThe next scheduled parents evenings are as follow:
- Tuesday 11th October 2016 – Year 7 Tutor Evening
- Wednesday 18th January 2016 – Year 11 Subject Evening
- Monday 30th January 2017 – Year 9 Subject Evening
- Monday 6th February 2017 – Year 10 Subject Evening
- Wednesday 1st March 2017 – Year 13 Subject Evening
- Wednesday 15th March 2017 – Year 12 Subject Evening
- Monday 20th March 2017 – Year 7 Subject Evening (for Students in Tutor Groups 7W/A1,7W/G1,7W/L1,7W/P1,7W/X1)
- Monday 27th March 2017 – Year 7 Subject Evening (for Students in Tutor Groups 7W/A2,7W/G2,7W/L2,7W/P2,7W/X2)
- Monday 3rd April 2017 – Year 8 Subject Evening
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
STUDENT ABSENCEThere may be occasions when non-attendance is unavoidable. If your son/daughter is unable to attend the Academy due to illness (or any other reason), it is important that you contact us asap:
Absence line: 01454 252066
Email: email@example.comOn the day students return to the Academy they must bring a note from their parent/carer explaining the reason for absence. If a student’s family requests a leave of absence in term time, a form will need to be completed before the absence begins. Please be aware that such absences are only authorised in very exceptional circumstances. Absences taken without authorisation may lead to the involvement of the Education Welfare Service. This form can be accessed either from Academy Reception, or by clicking on the link below: Click here to request for absence during term time Repeated lateness will result in disciplinary action being taken. Persistent absences will lead to Academy intervention.
STUDENT CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS
- Term 1: Thursday 1 September 2016 - Friday 21 October 2016
- Term 2: Monday 31 October 2016 - Friday 16 December 2016
- Term 3: Tuesday 3 January 2017 - Friday 10 February 2017
- Term 4: Monday 20 February 2017 - Friday 7 April 2017
- Term 5: Monday 24 April 2017 - Friday 26 May 2017
- Term 6: Monday 5 June 2017 – Friday 21 July 2017
- Thursday 1st September 2016
- Friday 2nd September 2016
- Friday 7th October 2016
- Tuesday 3rd January 2017
- Tuesday 21st March 2017
- Friday 30th June 2017
VLEThe VLE is where students will find resources linked to their learning. We suggest all students regularly visit the VLE to access additional materials relating to their education. Parents/Carers can access information such as attendance data, contact details and assessment data via the SIMS Learning Gateway. Click here to access the VLE