Here’s a quick and easy way to access some important information for parent/carers and students. If there’s anything else you need to know then please contact us
ACADEMY DAYNew times from September 2017-18:
- Pre 8:45am: Students Arrive
- 8:45am - 9:05am: Tutor Time / Assemblies / Intervention Lessons
- 9:05am - 10:05am: Period 1
- 10:05am - 11:05am: Period 2
- 11:05am - 11:25pm: Break
- 11:25pm - 12:25pm: Period 3
- 12:25pm - 1:25pm: Period 4a (Years 8, 9 & 10)
- 12:25pm - 1.10pm: LUNCH A (Years 7, 11, 12 & 13)
- 1:10pm - 2.10pm: Period 4b (Years 7, 11, 12 & 13)
- 1.25pm - 2.10pm: LUNCH B (Years 8, 9 & 10)
- 2:10pm - 3:10pm: Period 5
- 3:10pm: Students Depart
- 3:10pm - 3:10pm: Period 6 (for some post-16 Concorde students)
ABSENCE LINE and ABSENCE FORM
Absence line: 01454 252066
Email: email@example.comOn the day students return to the Academy they must bring a note from their parent/carer explaining the reason for absence. Click here to request for absence during term time
BUS TIMETABLEBus Timetable September 2017-18 – version 3 The bus timetable has been updated to show changes to the 427 afternoon service. The 427, 458, 459 and 460 services are run by South Gloucestershire Bus & Coach Company (0117 9314340) The 963 service is run by Eurotaxis (0333 666 6666) South Gloucestershire Council School Transport Department can be contacted on 01454 863924
FREE SCHOOL MEALS APPLICATION FORM
MOBILE DEVICE CODE OF USEThe Academy wishes to continue to allow students to bring the above items to the Academy. However, the misuse of these items has caused problems. The Code for the use of the above equipment is as follows:
- Use should be confined to before and after the Academy day, morning break and lunchtime.
- The mobile phone should be switched off during registration and lessons unless a student has the permission of the member of staff to use the device, eg, to take a photograph of a coursework design, etc.
- There should be no use of mobile phones between lessons. The mobile phone should not be used during the Academy day for the taking and transmitting of photographs/videos for non curricular purposes.
- There should, at all times, be compliance with examination board expectations.
- The Academy will not take responsibility for the security of mobile phones, even when confiscated.
- A similar approach is taken to the possession of iPods/MP3 players.
- The use of mobile phones or other electronic devices for cyber bullying will always lead to the consideration of a Fixed Period Exclusion.
- Breaches of the above restrictions will result in confiscation of the mobile phone until parents/carers arrange for its collection, and the imposition of a disciplinary sanction. Any subsequent misuse will result in a student being banned from bringing such devices into the Academy.
NURSEIn addition to a medical room which is manned throughout the Academy day, we have a school nurse who visits the Academy every Thursday lunchtime and runs a drop-in session for students wishing to discuss absolutely anything with her.
PARENT EVENING BOOKING SYSTEMThe next scheduled parents evenings are as follow:
- Tuesday 10th October 2017, 4-7pm - Year 7 Tutor Evening
- Tuesday 10th October 2017, 4-7pm, Year 12 Tutor Evening
- Tuesday 1st May 2018, 4-7pm – Year 7 Subject Evening (Tutor Groups 7A2, 7G2, 7L1, 7P2)
- Tuesday 24th April 2018, 4-7pm - Year 7 Subject Evening (Tutor Groups 7A1, 7G1, 7L1, 7P1, 7X1)
- Wednesday 21st February 2018, 4-7pm – Year 8 Subject Evening (Band A students)
- Wednesday 28th February 2018, 4-7pm – Year 8 Subject Evening (Band B students)
- Monday 29th January 2018, 4-7pm – Year 9 Subject Evening
- Thursday 8th February 2018, 4-7pm – Year 10 Subject Evening
- Thursday 18th January 2018, 4-7pm – Year 11 Subject Evening
- Wednesday 15th March 2018, 4-7pm – Year 12 Subject Evening
- Monday 19th March 2018, 4-7pm - Year 13 Subject Evening
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
IllnessThere may be occasions when non-attendance is unavoidable. If your son/daughter is unable to attend the Academy due to illness (or any other reason), it is important that you contact us asap:
Absence line: 01454 252066
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgOn the day students return to the Academy they must bring a note from their parent/carer explaining the reason for absence.
Planned AbsenceIf a student’s family requests a leave of absence in term time, a form will need to be completed before the absence begins. Please be aware that such absences are only authorised in very exceptional circumstances. Absences taken without authorisation may lead to the involvement of the Education Welfare Service. This form can be accessed either from Academy Reception, or by clicking on the link below: Click here to request for absence during term time
LatenessRepeated lateness will result in disciplinary action being taken. Persistent absences will lead to Academy intervention.
STUDENT CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS
- Term 1: Friday 1st September 2017 - Friday 20th October 2017
- Term 2: Monday 30th October 2017 to Monday 18th December 2017
- Term 3: Tuesday 2nd January 2018 to Friday 9th February 2018
- Term 4: Monday 19th February 2018 to Friday 23rd March 2018
- Term 5: Monday 9th April 2018 to Friday 25th May 2018
- Term 6: Monday 4th June 2018 to Friday 20th July 2018
- Friday 1st September 2017
- Monday 4th September 2017
- Thursday 19th October 2017
- Friday 20th October 2017
- Tuesday 2nd January 2018
- Wednesday 3rd January 2018
- Term 1: Monday 3rd September 2018 - Friday 26th October 2018
- Term 2: Monday 5th November 2018 to Friday 21st December 2018
- Term 3: Monday 7th January 2019 to Friday 15th February 2019
- Term 4: Monday 25th February 2019 to Friday 5th April 2019
- Term 5: Tuesday 23rd April 2019 to Friday 24th May 2019
- Term 6: Monday 3rd June 2019 to Tuesday 23rd July 2019
VLEThe VLE is where students will find resources linked to their learning. We suggest all students regularly visit the VLE to access additional materials relating to their education. Parents/Carers can access information such as attendance data, contact details and assessment data via the SIMS Learning Gateway. Click here to access the VLE VDI Poster - October 2017