- Monday 6th June – Friday 17th June: a member of the transition team will visit students in their primary schools
- Wednesday 13th July 2016: students will be invited to attend a one day Induction Programme at the Academy.
- Wednesday 13th July 2016: parents/carers invited to evening introduction meeting
- w/c Monday 1st August: multi-sports week
- w/c 8th and 15th August: a week long Summer School programme offered to new students
- Monday 5th September 2016: start of academic year
The Summer School programme for the September 2016 Year 7 intake will be running during the weeks commencing 8th or 15th August 2016.
This is a fantastic opportunity for your child to prepare for the transition into Secondary education along with the making some new friends before the start of the new term.
Details will be confirmed closer to the time, but the days usually consist of five sessions with a start time of 9am and an end time of 3.15pm. There will be the opportunity for your child to experience a range of curriculum focused activities in Mathematics, Modern Foreign Languages, Science, Technology, PE Music, Drama and PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education).
The Summer School programme costs around £75 for the week and is only available to incoming WIA Year 7 students. These are non-uniform days and children will be required to bring their own packed lunch.
Parents of Year 7 students will be sent letters and bookings forms in due course. These will need to be returned as soon as possible as places are limited.
To compliment the Summer School programme this year, we also offer a Multi Sports Week to all incoming Year 7 students on 1st – 5th August.
Students will need to bring along a packed lunch, an outdoor coat, sports and swimming kit each day. The Multi Sports Week will encompass a full range of sporting activities and may include football, hockey, lacrosse, boxing, badminton, rounders, swimming and much more with students having the opportunity to utilise the excellent sporting facilities that the Academy has to offer under the guidance of our PE and Commercial staff.
New intake packs
The new intake packs for incoming year 7 students were distributed at the end of May. Many of the forms need to be returned, so if you havent done so already please check, complete and return as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.