At Winterbourne International Academy, we are proud of our fantastic results
which makes us the leading school in South Gloucestershire! We work hard to equip students both academically and creatively with the skills and knowledge for their future careers.
Exam results at Winterbourne International Academy
- 5+ A*-C (inc Eng & Maths): 73% (highst in county)
- A*-C in both English and Maths: 77%
- 22% of students achieved at least one A* Grade
- Progress 8: +0.04
- Attainment 8: 54.6 (highest in county)
- Percentage achieving the English Baccalaureate: 52% (highest in county)
- Over half of all grades were at A*-B
- Percentage of pupils who have achieved at least the minimum expected levels of progress in English and maths between KS2 and KS4: basic measure 77%
- GCSE retake English Language A*-C 100% (national 33%)
- GCSE retake Mathematics A*-C 66% (national 31%)
- A*-B grades: 61% (10% above the national average)
- 34% of A Level grades were at A* or A
- Overall pass rate was 100%
- Also, 94% of Level Three BTEC students gained a Distinction or starred Distinction.
- Average grade at A-Level: B/C (highest in county)
The percentage of students returning to Year 13 in September 2016, having completed Year 12 was 95.2%
For further information please view our A-Level results day news page
and GCSE results day news page
GCSE: 5+ A*-C (inc Eng & Maths): 63%
22% of students achieved at least one A* Grades! (national average was 6%)
A Level: A*-B grades: 59%
For further information please view our A-Level results day news page and GCSE results day news page
GCSE 2013-14 Results
5+ A*-C (inc Eng & Maths):72%
5+ A*-C Grades: 78%
A*-A Grades: 24%
19 students achieved at least 10 A*/A Grades
Click here for WIA Year 11 Subject Results - Breakdown Figures 2014
A-Level 2013-14 Results
A*/B Grades: 51%
A* - C Grades 75%
At A Level, 51% of all grades were at A* – B, a rise on the 2013 figure, against a national downward trend, with over three quarters of the grades at C or above.
Over 70% of students achieved A*-B in subjects including, Applied Business, Economics, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Philosophy and Technology. In addition 53 students sat the EPQ with over 70% gaining A*-B.AS results were also significantly up with over 44% of students gaining A-B grades.
Click here for WIA Year 13 Results Breakdown 2014
Click here for the WIA 2013 Exam Results Summary Document
Performance League Tables
The Performance League Tables are available to view on the Department for Education’s website. Please click below for further details on the results.
Visit the DfE website for our latest performance league table