About Winterbourne International Academy
Specialising in Mathematics and Modern Foreign Languages.
Welcome to Winterbourne International Academy, an 11-18 co-educational Academy with a fantastic local and regional reputation for academic and extra-curricular excellence. The Academy, previously known as Ridings High School, forms part of The Ridings’ Federation of Academies.
From September 2014, students will be greeted by a stunning new building and first-rate facilities. Almost £20 million has been invested into replacing the majority of the existing buildings to transform the learning environment for our students.
The whole site will revolve around a central, open-plan core building incorporating a new auditorium, learning resource centre, canteen and classroom learning facilities.
The campus will feature:
- Brand new classrooms to inspire learning
- An International Core with all-day dining
- New Science, Art, Maths, MFL, English, Humanities and Music departments
- Flexible learning spaces
- New Learning Resource Centre
- Interactive theatre
- Outdoor teaching spaces
- Extension to the Arts Centre
- Newly renovated Sixth Form centre
- Newly renovated and extended technology block
Mr R C Evans | Academy Principal